The Albemarle Area United Way is a non-profit organization that improves residents' lives in the rural counties of northeastern North Carolina through a coordinated response that includes fundraising, certifying agencies, supporting programs, assessing needs and serving as an information and referral service.
To build stronger and healthier communities and to become the charity of choice for northeastern North Carolina.
Our Value Statements
Albemarle Area United Way values provide a framework for our operations on a daily basis. Our stakeholders can expect:
- Commitment - we are dedicated to achieving our goals
- Integrity - committed to the highest ethical standard
- Community Orientation - we are a resource to the community to ensure an improvement in the quality of life for all residents
- Volunteerism - belief in the value of sharing one's time and talents
- Partnership - by establishing collaborative forums for participation
- Efficiency and Results - monitoring programs and evaluating results
- Leadership - developing leaders across the region
- Inclusiveness - committed to serving all segments of the population
Counties We Serve
The Albemarle Area United Way currently serves the residents of the following counties through the services of 21 partner agencies in northeastern North Carolina. These counties include: